Querious has some features to monitor MySQL server status and configuration which require access to the server’s system. When the server is running on the same machine as Querious, this access is automatically gained through a privileged helper you may elect to install when prompted. When the server is running on a remote machine, this access is gained through an SSH user which has access to the necessary file system paths.
To give server access to a local machine:
- Querious will ask for your admin password to install the privileged helper when needed.
To give server access to a remote machine:
- Select the “Server” view in the window toolbar.
- Select “Server Access” from the subview list on the left side of the window.
- Click on the “Edit Settings…” button.
- Enter the SSH Host and SSH User required to access the file system on the remote machine. Enter the password or select a key file if necessary.
- Click “Save” to close the settings panel.
- Click on the “Connect” button next to “Edit Settings…” if access was not immediately established after closing the settings panel.